Associate (Actuary), Wealth Practice at Buck
- Job Label:
BUCK - A 102-year-old firm that is JUST GETTING STARTED.
Associate (Actuary) - Wealth (Located in NY or Secaucus, NJ)
At Buck, our people make the difference. Founded over 100 years ago, we help deliver on the promise of tomorrow...today. Our health, wealth, technology and consulting services allow us to deliver on the MANY needs of our clients by drawing on our strength, DIVERSITY, and experiences in creating outcomes. This means we meet our clients where they are in the creation of their future while being respectfully bold in providing practical solutions to new realities. We honor our commitments and leave things better than when we started. We are a team of difference makers in global locations that have each other's backs working together as a team. What's your next move?
Job Summary: Technical assistance on valuations and other actuarial analyses, primarily the manipulation of project data and information.
Key Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Reviews data for completeness and reasonability.
- Organizes and formats claim, participant and financial data for valuation/project analysis purposes.
- Has telephone contact with clients /vendors on data issues and other simple matters.
- Becomes familiar with Wealth benefit provisions, underwriting techniques and compliance issues and project procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of project results, letters and reports.
- Assists with special projects or other assignments as instructed by your supervisor/manager.
- Math, actuarial science or economics degree or equivalent.
- 3.0 grade-point average preferred.
- Preferred to have passed one SOA exam from among P, FM, MLC, MFE and C – or, if it should become relevant, their equivalent.
Job Profile Information / Knowledge, Skills, Abilities required to perform job:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to grasp and familiarize oneself with actuarial terms and concepts.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
At Buck, we’re exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we’re partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we’re doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realize the best organizational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.
- Related Keywords:
- Wealth, actuary, math, computer skills, communication