Country:United States of America
Location:07: Building 07 Houston TX 18050 Saturn Lane, Houston, TX, 77058 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation’s security. We are currently seeking a strategic, highly motivated, and technically sound Business Development Leader. The primary focus for this position will be to provide strategic business development leadership to the Civil Space and Sea Systems (CSSS) organization to ensure continued business growth. As a BD leader, you will also be the focal point for leadership communication and for taking on Capture Management responsibilities.
You must have demonstrated capability in strategic leadership, leading teams, and capturing new business. You must be energetic, adaptable and willing to help drive culture change in this fast paced environment. In addition, you should have a desire and aptitude for understanding business strategy and capture efforts, be familiar with government acquisition strategy and contracting, proposal writing and management, market research, customer contact generation and support, developing a win strategy that supports business goals, and presentation of new business opportunities to management. Your role will be to:
- Lead by example to support Collins Aerospace mission, vision, standards, policies and procedures, and ethics
- Lead growth and strategy in both traditional NASA driven civil space and emerging commercial space markets
- Provide voice of the customer and customer focus to the CSSS business
- Lead Business Development team consisting of Capture and Proposal Managers including providing assistance to help expedite key decisions and providing performance reviews
- Develop, identify and assess new business opportunities, and position new business resources to achieve growth objectives for CSSS
- Cultivate new relationships, develop insights, and transmit strategic messages by developing effective communication with current and prospective customers
- Guide the technical and programmatic pursuit of capture teams
- Single point of contact for Business Development Director, Windsor Locks and Houston site General Managers, and CSSS General Manager.
- Generate and present technical briefings to proposal team, program office, and end user customers
- Follow-up with customers, maintain customer relationships, and drive opportunities to closure
- Coordinate and provide data to support weekly and monthly status reports, as well as speaking at quarterly All Hands meetings.
- Management of Business Development overhead budgets as well as IR&D and B&P budgets Support internal R&D investment roadmap
- Provide a sound understanding of our ECLSS and Thermal Control technologies.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical field, engineering preferred
- 10+ years’ relevant experience with pipeline development, pursuit identification, and capture process and/or civil space missions and systems
- Track record of successful business captures in Space market
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others in a matrix organization
- NASA or Commercial Space experience a plus
- Experience with the entire BD and Capture process lifecycle
- Successful at leveraging research, analytics, and industry insights to create strategic and tactical value
- Experience developing and maintaining strong opportunity pipelines
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND MUST EITHER HOLD A CURRENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms