Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 67647BR Date posted 06/12/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
Pratt & Whitney's Columbus Forge organization has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Associate Director leading our facilities management organization across the Blades and Disks business units. You will have ultimate ownership over all facilities management, capital investment and site expansion strategy, which will include facility and equipment improvements. This position could eventually expand to include the Maintenance group and responsibilities. We need someone who's a strong leader, self-starter, with a positive can-do attitude, comfortable working in a matrix organization.
Responsibilities include many of the following and more:
- Plan, design, and reconfigure equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
- Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
- Conduct machine inventories and arranges disposal of obsolete or no-longer-required equipment.
- Manages facilities contractor management process.
- Provide Columbus Forge Site Leadership for Facilities and Capital Spend Projects.
- Set and execute the strategy for the Site Improvement Plan for the next five years. Manage a cross-functional team of engineers, project managers and sub-contractors to accomplish department goals.
- Manage Columbus Forge Disk and Blade capital spend including the new iso-thermal press installation and qualification.
- Determine the Site strategy for Capital Expense spend for the next five years.
- Represent Columbus Forge on the P&W Facilities Council.
Qualification: Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You've obtained an Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Supply Chain
- US Citizen is required due to government contracts
- You have at least 10 years of overall experience in Facilities Management or Maintenance, Environmental Health & Safety Management, Engineering Management or Operations Management role within a manufacturing facility
- You've managed employees and management associates for more than 5 years.
- MBA or graduate degree in preferred fields
- You have over 12 years' experience working with an Aerospace manufacturing, MRO repair station or Forging environment with 6 or more years of management experience holding responsibilities over EH&S, Facilities and Maintenance departments.
- Expert level understanding of facilities and equipment management experience in a manufacturing environment. Extensive knowledge of power plant, waste water management and HVAC.
- You have a solid track record of managing successful projects and leading multi-functional teams. Your background includes working with ACE, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma or related Continuous Improvement tools with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Team Center and Solumina
- Dynamic problem solver with strong problem solving skills and the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Familiarity with turbofan engines and airfoil/blade components preferred; Engineering experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferred fields include Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or Finance
- MBA or Master's degree beneficial
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.