Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
The Associate Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of product training material related to the Sales Training programs available for the North American Healthcare Sales Team and will report to the Senior Manager, Sales Training. With guidance from the Senior Manager, Sales Training, the Associate Instructional Designer will work closely with Clinical, Marketing and other Subject Matter Experts to develop content necessary to support new product launches and product line extensions, as well as support the ongoing needs to update existing training materials. This position will also play an active role in supporting the highly utilized STERIS University Learning Management System (LMS) and will launch content to the sales team and maintain accurate training records using this system.
- Works with Manager to perform a needs assessment on upgrading existing training content to maintain training relevance.
- Develops content used for online learning, including PDF training documents and interactive learning modules, with guidance and supervision.
- Works with Manager and Subject Matter Experts to determine training and development needs and identifies activities and strategies needed to meet those needs.
- Uses technical writing skills to develop quality training materials.
- Interacts with North American Sales Team during training events such as the Annual National Training and Recognition Meeting as well as Mentor based Instructor led training (new hire training).
- Utilizes appropriate tools and software to develop training content to be used with the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Communication
- 2 years of relevant business experience
- Experience in a training environment (preparing materials, presenting content, etc.) preferred.
- Experience navigating a Learning Management System (LMS) is helpful
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, both with internal employees as well as Customers.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to effectively interface with various departments and levels inside and outside of the organization in order to expedite tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. is required.
STERIS plc is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.