Norton Professional Books, a division of W.W. Norton focusing on education and mental health books for both professionals and general readers, seeks an Associate Marketing Manager with 3+ years of experience in education and/or mental health and self-help publishing. Expanding the division’s presence in the K-12 education field and managing initiatives aimed at mental health clinicians, academics, and relevant lay audiences are the main objectives of this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining sales relationships with K-12 school administrators, teachers, and In-Service/Professional Development trainers and organizations
- Creating and managing online and print promotional campaigns and advertisements (determining the format, writing copy, working with designers and vendors, list management, etc.) for both education and mental health titles
- Social media marketing, including the creation of in-house video content for promotional purposes.
- Managing relationships with booksellers and combined exhibitors handling conference-related sales
- Representing our division as an exhibitor at conferences (light travel required)
- Working with both our Trade and College divisions on cross-market initiatives for both education and mental health titles
- Ongoing market research, competitive analysis, and Google Analytics management.
Please note- this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- 3-5 years sales and marketing experience in education and/or mental health and self-help publishing REQUIRED
- Candidate should have an interest in and commitment to professional and academic book publishing
- Candidate must be an expert multitasker, very detailed-oriented, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Must be able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions
- Must be able to develop rapport and relationships with all levels of employees. Must be seen as knowledgeable and capable of handling sensitive, critical information
- Must be proactive, flexible, and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment and adjust with a "can-do" attitude
- Must be self-directed and independent
- Must have good time management skills, be organized, and be capable of multi-tasking across departments, activities, and project
- Must be detail-oriented, making sure all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes
- Must have a demonstrated interest in the challenges and opportunities of electronic media as it applies to education and/or learning
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Employment eligibility to work in the US with any employer is required
- Must be able to work full business hours in our NYC location, on Fifth Avenue between Grand Central and Penn Stations
This job reports to the Marketing Director of this growing division, and works closely with acquisitions editors, authors, and affiliated organizations. For the right candidate, the position offers excellent opportunity to take initiative, make nimble decisions, and expand responsibilities. Visit wwnorton.com/education and wwnorton.com/psych for more information about our books.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.