The Associate Production Manager acts as the liaison between cross-functional partners such as product development, merchandising, planning, operations and the overseas production teams surrounding all aspects of production management. The Associate Production Manager is accountable for the reporting, financial and responsive execution of the strategy and direction related to delivery and resolution of production issues.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage the communication between the Merchants and Production partners regarding all aspects of production.
· Perform cost analysis, in partnership with management; resolve pricing issues and collaborate with our global sourcing partner for cost-effective solutions to better impact financial bottom-line of business.
· Confirm received orders and partner with our global sourcing partner to answer questions and resolve any potential issues to safeguard on time delivery of goods. Communicate with other departments, such as Merchandising, regarding any order and/or delivery issues and partner to discuss and resolve issues.
· Contribute and participate in hand-off meetings and other fittings as needed. Call-out and address potential quality and production issues and action a response or resolution.
· Work collaboratively with Color Center and make any color decisions, as needed; support all color center functions.
· Evaluate and resolve quality issues; organize and direct corrective action with cross functional partners.
· Provide technical manufacturing expertise for on-time delivery and factory performance.
· Confirm, document, and report on purchase orders, revised delivery requests, buyer requests (PO push outs or air delivery requests), Country of Origin, Bulk BMU review and approval, and store merchandise replacement requests.
· Record all purchase order activity, including Confirmations, Revised Delivery Requests, and Buyer Requests. Report on monthly delivery performance
· Collect monthly COO/ MLT list, review for discrepancies and work with our overseas production partners to clarify any issues. Inform merchants, replenishment buyers and merchandise operations team on any changes; maintains records of all lists.
· Preserve all pertinent information related to a garment from line review to replenishment, purchase orders, garment photos, factory information, consumption and fabric information, handoff information, production status, discounts credits, and savings negotiated by the production department.