My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking an Associate Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Cambridge, MA. Details for the position are as follows:
- Entry-level Scientist position in its Chemical Process R&D Department. This individual will support development of chromatographic methods to characterize small molecule compounds to complete a focused project.
- Areas of specialization should reside in the fields of separation science, structure elucidation, and characterization. The candidate must be able to simultaneously manage several activities, work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment, design and execute experiments, interpret data, and effectively communicate in written and oral forms are essential.
- Candidate will create a presentation upon completion of the project.
- This role supports Chemical Process R&D. Biologics experience or education with Biology major will not be relevant for this role.
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in analytical method development such as HPLC, HPLC-MS, SFC as related to drug substances & process development. This project will focus specifically on developing super critical chromatography (SFC) as a tool for monitoring the chemical purity of small molecule compounds.
- The candidate should be proficient with a variety of instrumentation platforms and software applications. Experience with Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, is also required.
- Interested candidates must have a BS/MS in Chemistry, or related discipline, with 1 - 3 years prior pharmaceutical industrial experience.