The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the work product of the agile team, solving technical problems within a project under the supervision of a Technical Development Lead for the project. The Associate Software Engineer will also partner closely with enterprise architects and other team members to execute with speed and quality. The Associate Software Engineer will support the team in timely resolution of complex issues and help maximize the productivity of the team. The Associate Software Engineer will surface and help resolve any issues that stand in the way of continuous productivity. The Associate Software Engineer will partner with team members (Technology Development Lead, Senior Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners) helping to ensure that deliverables meet the customer and business objectives of a given project. The Associate Software Engineer will also participate with other team members to ensure high functioning development processes.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Contribute valuable work product to the best of your abilities as an Associate Software Engineer on an agile development team, solving technical problems under the supervision of a technical development lead or senior software engineer.
· Serve as a technical resource on the agile development team.
· Under the supervision of the Technical Development lLad and/or Senior Software Engineer for the project, process user stories and execute on technical tasks.
· Work closely with the Product Owner and/or business liaison on the team to understand all functional requirements and help to ensure that your work meets the customer and business objectives of the project.
· Help to ensure quality, velocity, and adherence to architectural designs and the software engineering standards of the company.
· Resolve technical issues on a timely basis, ensuring continuous productivity of the team.
· Surface issues on the project that impede the team’s progress - solving those issues that are within your control and working with other team members (such as the program manager, product owner, enterprise architect or QA lead) to solve issues before they impede the progress of the team.
· Contribute to the team being fully and continuously productive by identifying and removing impediments to completion of work tasks.
· Responsible for adherence to the company’s software engineering standards. This includes documentation of design, development, integration/test and deployment activities.
· Ensure adherence to best software engineering practices, participate in code reviews and the development of unit tests.
· Participate in level of effort estimation processes and leveraging your software engineering experience to provide actionable input.