Blankenship CPA Group, PLLC is seeking a full-time Audit associate. We are a growing firm with four offices in Middle Tennessee. With strong performance, there is great opportunity for advancement. At Blankenship, you will find a People First culture and wonderful clients to serve.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform assurance services throughout the engagement cycle including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and review while effectively controlling time and expenses
- Understand and apply risk-based audit approach and assertions
- Provide management recommendations which address client needs and opportunities
- Seek new opportunities for existing and potential clients along with recommendations for appropriate additional services
- Work on a wide scope of industries, including construction, manufacturing, banking, real estate, governmental and nonprofits.
Key experiences and skills include:
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Foundational understanding of accounting principles and auditing standards
- Public accounting experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work autonomously under deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clients and team members
- Ability to understand the client’s industry and unique situation
- Ability to work well within a team and positively contribute to the culture is required
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent compensation and benefits package including flexible schedule, health insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation, disability insurance and the opportunity for bonuses. Client travel is contained within the local Middle Tennessee area.