Kearney & Company provides financial services exclusively to the Federal Government, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers.
Kearney is currently seeking an Audit Manager to join our Alexandria, VA team. The Audit Manager will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction, demonstrate proficiency with accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations. This position requires a mastery of process documentation, risk assessment, data analysis, and writing skills. Additional skills and responsibilities are defined below:
* Provide the first line of supervision to a team of accounting professionals and support staff
* Responsible for the general oversight of the quality control function, including overall work paper review
* Understanding of Government Auditing Standards, audit procedures, and financial analysis techniques
* Self-starter, takes the initiative to deliver quality work products to the client with little direction from supervisor
* Supervise and review work performed by other staff
* Review draft deliverables prepared by engagement teams and present final results to management
* Project management experience
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 5 years of auditing experience
* CPA preferred
* Experience with the Federal Government, particularly DoD clients
* Management/leadership experience
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit your resume online, please email or call 703-236-2393. Only messages seeking accommodations will be returned. Reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that allows an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job functions, or enjoy equal access to benefits available to other individuals in the workplace.