POSITION SUMMARY: The Autism Behavior Support Specialist (ABSS) provides intensive behavioral assessment/treatment services to children with autism living in a residential setting. Individuals admitted to Treatment and Learning Center (TLC) residential placement will all receive behavioral, psychiatric, educational, developmental, and social assessments and interventions. The ABSS will be responsible for participating in the continued behavioral assessment across settings, as well as the application of treatment strategies derived from an applied behavior analysis (ABA) model by the clinical team. Interventions will be developed based on the results of systematic behavioral assessments including functional behavioral assessments (e.g., functional analysis), analysis of parent-child interactions, and reinforcer assessments. The ABSS will work closely with the clinical team to provide individually designed behavior plans to decrease problem behavior, while increasing adaptive more appropriate responses. Treatment effectiveness is systematically evaluated using reliable objective measures (i.e., direct-observation) and single-case designs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide intensive behavioral assessment/treatment services to individuals in accordance with the behavior management plan
* Apply treatment strategies derived from an applied behavior analysis model by the clinical team
* Work closely with the clinical team in implementing therapeutic interventions and protocols
* Collect behavioral data relative to treatment strategies being implemented for individuals
* Work with clients on daily living skills in a structured, therapeutic environment
* Design and implement recreational activities
* Provide a role model for appropriate social skills
* Provide all appropriate documentation set forth by the clinical team and regulations including but not limited to daily progress notes and data tracking
* Develop and adhere to each child's individualized behavior management plans
* Assist and train children in all aspects of self- care in order to ensure maximal level of independence for that individual (i.e., bathing, toileting, getting dressed, etc.).
* Ensure a safe and clean living environment for individuals
* Intervene in crisis situations in accordance with established agency protocol
* Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time
* Escort individuals to and from medical appointments
* Attend scheduled staff meetings
* Attend appropriate in-service as directed by supervisor and required by funder and regulatory bodies
* Report all problems or concerns to supervisor or director(s)
* Remain on duty until relieved
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
* Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Administrative and management staff at Elwyn, the State, County, regulatory, funding agencies, community agencies, families, physicians, psychiatrists, other medical personnel, consultants, and vendors.
* Bachelor's degree in psychology or a closely related field, including but not limited to, sociology, human services, nursing, or social work
* Experience working with individuals with challenging behaviors desired
* Experience implementing ABA strategies desired
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook;
* Maintain current certification/recertification of CPR, First Aid, and crisis intervention, in accordance with agency trained protocols
* Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to deal with a broad range of psychopathology and inappropriate behaviors. Must be able to remain neutral when confronted with maladaptive behaviors.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #mon
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled