Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively seeking multiple Auto Claims Adjuster Trainee's to join their Auto team in Worcester, MA starting in on a temp to hire basis. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
As an Auto Claims Adjuster trainee, you will play a vital role in Hanover's success by providing a critical service to the business and its customers. As a member of the Auto Claims team, you will work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, responsible for meeting and exceeding goals and metrics that drive the success of the claims organization. You will take part in an accelerated training program which builds a solid foundation for your personal growth and development within the organization.
• Within specific guidelines, Trainee is responsible for outbound calls with a level of satisfaction that meets or exceeds the customers' expectations. This is accomplished by responding in a polite, professional manner, matching their needs with Hanover???s services.
• Develops recognition of coverages, claim processing requirements, and related data processing systems. Claims handled by this individual would not involve determining liability, questionable damages, investigation, personal injury or coverage issues.
• Utilizing established guidelines to obtain appraisals and other needed information from insured, advises insured as to proper course of action. Records additional information/data into the company???s network updating the electronic claim file.
• Applies basic communication skills to interpret caller???s inquiries and offers options. Sets up predetermined reserves on level 1 claim which includes managing outbound calls to insured to confirm next steps. Collects and files bills/documentation and sends outbound correspondence as needed.
• Manages appraisal, rental, and vendor processes. Confirms claim resolution and amount of payment.
• Ability to handle Claims Service Rep. activities as needed. Activities include; handling calls from phone queue to provide claim assistance, and identify complex claims that need to be reassigned.
- Must have an energetic and positive attitude, serve as a key team player, and can easily adapt to new, different or
changing situations. As well as the ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of claims process and lines of business. Exhibits prescribed service behaviors that include empathy, positive attitude and patience when communicating with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and professionalism are key must-haves. Ability to mentor and develop
others with enthusiasm to learn and grow within the industry.
- Proficiency in using and toggling between multiple computer applications, dual screens and MS Office products
• One to three years of experience in the areas of customer service, medical services, financial services, and/or working insurance claims knowledge preferred.
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Understands the importance of developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with others.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.