Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
Working at Hayward
One of the most rewarding ways to jumpstart your career is to participate in a comprehensive internship program. Hayward Industries offers a competitive internship program that gives students a chance to gain hands-on experience in a professional environment.
As an intern with Hayward, you will not only gain industry experience, but you will also be part of a collaborative, team-based environment. We take pride in our personal approach and the close-knit relationships prevalent in our diverse workplace. Our interns have the opportunity to work for the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. It designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products.
The Hayward Internship Program is a comprehensive summer program that offers numerous benefits:
- Competitive pay
- A Mentor Program to help ease your transition and answer any questions interns may have before, during, and after the internship
- The possibility of travel in the United States on actual engagements
- Numerous opportunities for networking both internally and externally
- Numerous program events, including company sporting events, concerts, community service projects, game nights, and other social events
- A weekly and end-of-summer review process that assists interns in leaving the internship with a clear understanding of their progress
- The opportunity to turn an internship into a full-time job upon graduation.
This Intern summer 2019 position will support Manufacturing Engineering in the pursuit of world class manufacturing techniques. Working closely with one of our engineers and cross-functionally with a wide variety of engineering disciplines he/she will assure the highest level of quality, integrity and performance are maintained, in their design for manufacturability. He/she will execute their respective responsibilities under the guides of more senior level engineering team members.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering, Product Design and Test Engineering teams to support the manufacturing of products such as robotic pool cleaners, mechanical pool cleaners that operate with negative or positive pressure, hydraulic pumps, pressure vessels (filters). Current products are shown at haywardnet.com.
- Conduct and or witness testing in the R&D lab as required
- Responsible to produce a presentation at the conclusion of the internship and present to Hayward Leadership
- Rising Jr. or Sr. working toward an Engineering Degree
- Interest in Automation or Automated Systems, Robotics, PLC Programming, etc.
- Basic understanding in a variety of engineering processes
- Knowledge of Statistics and the use of Cap Studies, Descriptive Statistics (mean, Mode, Std Deviation etc)
- Lumped parameter modeling, simulation, and verification
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering tools like FEA, Mathcad, and / or Octave
- Skilled knowledge of 3D CAD systems preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to develop product test criteria and equipment
- Problem solving ability
- Computer literacy in the use of presentation and program management software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Currently Enrolled at a 4 year institution
Related Fields of Engineering:
- Mechatronics, Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics
For Consideration, please visit: http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com /