We are actively seeking a Automation Network Engineer with one of our Fortune 500 Client in Houston, TX.
Interviews will be this week!
Job Title: Automation Network Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Client: Fortune 500 Company
Duration: 12+ Months; Temp to Perm
Pay Rate: $60/hr.
- ServiceNow OR ANSIBLE
- Python OR “R” or “Shell Automation”
Network engineer – technical network professional to engineer, deploy, commission and partner with Global Operations to support a variety of network solutions.
The engineer must be able to provide design, configuration, deployment and operational maintenance of local/wide area network and voice technologies. Act as mentor and provide technical leadership to junior colleagues as required.
Basic requirements: An engineering, computer science or equivalent degree is required. A high level of hands-on experience (and preferably certification) is required in Cisco technologies (CCNP level experience and above). Juniper experience and certification is a strong plus. Good communications skills and teamwork are also essential in this role. Main Characteristics: • Technical skills - demonstrated hands-on subject matter expertise in networking and related processes/tools, including information protection and industry best practices - (40%)
• Teamwork and technical leadership - ability to work individually and within teams as needed; and to take the lead when necessary to develop solutions or resolve issues. Follows established processes for incident, problem and change management - (20%)
• Analysis/problem assessment - demonstrated ability to quickly isolate and resolve network issues. Ability to gather requirements, develop solutions and set priorities - (20%)
• Communications – ability to simplify and effectively communicate (oral and written) complex ideas and principles to technical and non-technical individuals - (20%)
• Takes imitative to improve processes and is willing to step in to help when necessary
• Mentors junior colleagues in area of expertise and strives to continuously grow own capabilities
• Well versed in safety, security and reliability; and follows established principles and standards
• Familiarity with the energy industry and field environments is a definite plus
***NOTES FROM MANAGER*** This resource will be working with different individuals and teams; and hence the need for good communications skills. They will be working with business partners in understanding requirements and upcoming projects. Will be one of several engineers responsible for projects in the Houston campus and surrounding area.
Non-negotiable skills include hands-on experience with Cisco switches and routers; and related standard protocols. Familiarity with Cisco IP telephony and Juniper equipment are desirable.
Safety and cybersecurity awareness are important. Familiarity with the ITIL framework and network management tools are pluses.
For further information or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: