Founded more than 60 years ago, Dejana Truck & Utility Equipment Companies now stands as one of the most respected full-line truck equipment houses in the industry. Based in Kings Park, NY, Dejana Truck & Utility Company (Dejana) focuses on the up-fit of market leading attachments and storage solutions for commercial work vehicles under the DEJANA® brand and its related sub-brands. Dejana employs approximately 600 people at ten manufacturing and up fit facilities in five states across the North East and Mid-Atlantic regions. Current customers include leading utility, energy, telecommunications and transportation companies, as well as large municipal entities.
Recently acquired by Douglas Dynamics, Inc., Dejana Truck & Utility Equipment Companies, LLC. continues to grow as part of Fortune Magazines Top 5 FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES in the world! We are proud to offer our employees an ideal work environment that focuses on integrity, teamwork, recognition of quality work ethics and performance and growth opportunities!
Apply for a job - stay for a CAREER!
We currently have openings for dependable, energetic, detail oriented EXPERIENCED Automotive Mechanics/Installers who are interested in advancing their careers in the exciting world of TRUCK UPFITTING! Candidates must be able to multi task and handle a fast paced, high volume environment.
**IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE SUPERVISORY / LEAD EXPEREINCE**
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
1. Assemble basic equipment and products under close supervision and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
2. Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
3. Must meet production schedule deadlines as designated by the Production Manager.
4. Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards.
5. Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
6. Perform all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
7. Confer with supervisor regarding quality or procedure problems.
8. Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
9. Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
10. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
*Previous automotive or truck experience
*Knowledge of 12 volt electrical diagnostics and wiring diagrams
*Welding skills preferred
*Hydraulics background a plus!
*Possess and use your own tools
DEJANA IS THE COMPANY YOU WILL RETIRE FROM!
Along with a competitive hourly rate and abundant opportunity for overtime, we also offer an extensive Benefit package including:
*HMO/PPO Dental Plans
*AFLAC Supplemental Benefit Policies
*COMPANY PAID Life Insurance Policy
*COMPANY MATCHING 401K Plan
*And MUCH MORE!
Forward your resume today with salary expectations for immediate consideration!