University Ford in Durham, NC is seeking motivated sales professionals. This is an established domestic dealership with a large customer base and a huge new and used car inventory. The recent increase in car sales is requiring us to add sales people fast! Experience in new and used automotive sales is preferred but not required.
This position will be responsible for the sale of new and used vehicles at dealership and maintaining customer satisfaction standards. The potential for income in this position is substantial, with take-home pay exceeding $70,000 in the first year plus full benefits.
If you are a self-motivated sales professional with superior customer service skills, we are looking for you to join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approaching and greeting customers in a professional manner upon arrival.
- Assisting customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and carefully listening to their responses.
- Explaining all vehicle features and benefits in addition to any optional equipment and/or warranties.
- Completing sales orders and processing paperwork to close the sale.
- Following up with customers and prospects to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintaining a professional appearance.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have at least a high school diploma/GED.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 3 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be willing to take a pre-employment drug screening test.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have at least 2 years of solid, recent experience in retail sales along with demonstrated strong negotiation/marketing skills.
- Excellent communication skills to work with customers, employees and vendors, as they represent the dealership.
- Must be self-motivated, outgoing, and customer focused.
- Must be available full time including many nights and Saturdays.
- Favorable references are required.