- Autonomous Maintenance Technician in Holland, MI
- 5 month contract
- Combination of Maintenance Technician and Operator position and it will focus on line coverage in assigned area utilizing production and maintenance playbook processes and tools.
- Under the direction of production and maintenance supervision this position will be required to safely operate assigned equipment and maintain all line equipment to produce product right the first time.
- This person will mentor and coach line operators as needed on various maintenance and operational aspects to master their technical understanding of equipment and process controls.
- Setup, Start-Up, Adjust and Operation of Equipment; Proper Shutdown and Changeover as required by company standards
- Perform start of shift walk through and equipment checks and complete relevant line start-up checksheet
- Coordinate with operators to keep line running through breaks including operating equipment as needed
- Troubleshoot mechanical and basic electrical concerns of the equipment, maintain and improve integrity and performance of all focus line/s equipment, and complete scheduled work orders
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance and Production Leadership any maintenance activities required on assigned equipment to ensure optimum line efficiency and product quality
- Utilizing Maintenance Windows; perform preventive maintenance inspections and corrective work orders on all focus line equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Department to prevent mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns.
- Participate in the development and improvement of a documented 52-week maintenance plan as prescribed in the Playbook and residing in the SAP PM structure.
- Develop and implement improvements using the Breakdown Management process to prevent reoccurring equipment failures
- Utilize the SAP system to create notifications, perform and confirm completed work orders.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment and system design through use of the team concept. Support project planning and execution
- Communicate with other AMTs on other shifts, as necessary, to ensure coordination of all maintenance efforts on assigned equipment and effectively operate as part of a team
- Support implementation of department ideas/suggestions
- Maintain a good working relationship with all employees on all shifts
- Conduct training for other associates in area of responsibility
- Conform to client policy and procedures including, but not limited to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Lock Out/Tag Out, HACCP check points, Client Quality Standards, Fall Protection, Hot Work, OSHA Regulations, and all others
- Report and correct unsafe acts and conditions
- Work with team to Optimize Product/Material sequencing to minimize changeover time
- Maintain equipment plus sustain a sanitary and clean environment during all phases of Production and Maintenance.
- Reports to Production/Maintenance Management and continually interacts with all hourly and salaried maintenance/production personnel in a professional manner.
- Will maintain ownership of assigned line(s) equipment; may operate and adjust any packing equipment in the area; will react to machinery breakdowns and equipment problems in a proficient and positive manner and as directed by Operations/Maintenance Supervisors and/or designates.
- Must have performed work as a skilled Mechanic, have comparable experience and/or demonstrated Technical abilities
- Must be able to operate and maintain all equipment in assigned area
- Candidate must be able to train self/others on mechanical skills, mechanical repairs and overhauls, maintenance systems, computer skills; new technologies in preventive/predictive maintenance, and problem solving/troubleshooting
- Must be able to communicate and interact to coach team members on basic tasks in a professional manner
- All other duties as assigned in order to support efficient plant operations
- Journeyman card holder preferred