RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client, a growing retail bank in Long Island City, New York (NY) is seeking a Senior BSA/AML Analyst focused on EDD.
The Senior BSA Analyst is responsible for assisting the BSA Officer in order to ensure adherence to State & Federal regulatory compliance regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, and related laws. One works with the BSA Officer to administer the Bank's BSA/AML Program and related procedures in accordance with the Bank's policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor, reconcile, and prepare for electronic filing, Currency Transaction Reports for all branches
- Review and validate risk ratings for new accounts using the AML system risk rating module
- Establish enhanced due diligence (EDD) and monitoring efforts for customers identified as high risk
- Perform independent analysis for cases involving suspicious activity including, but not limited to, structuring, unusual transactions, check fraud, and kiting for presentation to the BSA Officer
- As scheduled, perform analysis of core application and AML system reports that identify potential suspicious activity, including case management
- Manage cases of potentially suspicious activity from the AML monitoring system, including analysis of transaction activity and balances for review by the BSA Officer
- Perform ongoing monitoring, as required, of all high-risk accounts in accordance with the established monitoring schedule
- Perform monthly review of new accounts, using system reports, to ensure that new accounts have been appropriately risk rated
- Document suspicious activity reviews for presentment to the Executive Committee
- Perform review of CIF and other lists for compliance with FinCEN 314(a) requests and OFAC updates
- Stay current with changes in BSA and related laws & regulations
- Innovative use of various reference sources to assist with research
- Bachelor degree
- Four or more years of banking with BSA/AML for experience doing investigation for large and complex cases with experience with Enhanced due diligence (EDD) out of a retail bank
- Computer literate: fluency in Microsoft Office programs and Excel
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must possess good research skills involving customer and transactional data and the ability to support conclusions with documentary evidence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.