Internship – Embedded Software Engineer
Paid internship (part-time, flexible hours)
Seeking students with experience or interest in the following category :
Location of Assignment:
2901 Tasman Dr., Suite 107
Santa Clara, CA 95054
IoT Edge Solution
This Internship will last 6-months+ and the intern will work 40-hours per week. The internship may be extended, as well as, the internship leading to a full-time position for exemplary performance.
Brambles is a global supply chain logistics company operating in more than 60 countries, with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. It employs more than 14,500 people and is an industry leader in the transportation of goods for customers worldwide.
Brambles is looking to extend market leadership and has created of an IOT division called BXB Digital. By tapping into the Internet of Things we are looking to transform the supply chain industry by bringing digital intelligence to the physical assets the company owns globally.
You will be developing firmware for exciting new IoT Edge devices in the Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) space. You're expected to work well independently and be able to support new requirements for prototypes in our R&D team. Communication is critical to interface with electrical, mechanical, and other software engineers in a collaborative environment. This is a great opportunity to learn about new technologies in the IoT space.
• Identify system requirements and work to develop firmware applications within constraints of small, low-power, embedded mixed signal, multiprocessor systems.
• Ability to equally function and excel, operating in both hardware and firmware domains.
• Develop tracking applications for real-time Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN).
• Write specification, design documentation, and test protocols.
• Collaborate with system designers on implementation and integration with device framework and radio protocol stacks.
• Participate in technical reviews for design and implementation for deployment and support processes.
• Creative, motivated, driven individual, eager to learn with excellent work ethic and passion to succeed.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• Background in Systems Programming, Operating Systems, RTOS, IoT Protocols – MQTT, CoAP
• Experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth development, and BLE solutions.
• Experience in developing embedded devices, toys, robots, sensors, or control systems.
• Experience developing on ARM Cortex, MSP430, AVR 8051, DSP, or other embedded platforms.
• Experience with codecs, ADC's, and DAC's.
• Knowledge of communication protocols: I2C, SPI, USART, I2S, PCM.
• Experience with sensors, microphones, accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, GPS
• Understanding of LoRa, LTE, CATM, NB IoT, NFC, RFID is a plus
What will be learned from this experience?
The intern will be treated as a professional hire and will gain experience in a robust, global business environment. Time will be allocated to coaching & mentoring, answering questions, listening, and relationship building. They will be given the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. Learn how to apply critical thinking skills in problem identification and building IoT hardware solution, and in recognizing the implications of decisions.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp