We are currently looking to hire a Software Engineer. This is a Full-Time role that will sit in our Glendale, CA location. If you are interested please email me at email@example.comHelp . We offer excellent referral bonuses to those that refer someone we hire.
Back End Software Developer
The Software engineer will design, develop and support the 4Over front end and backend systems. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with our coding standards and technical design. Software engineer responsibilities will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute full lifecycle software development practices.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Produce specifications (detailed workflow charts/UML diagrams) and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures with QA.
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Learn the full system architecture to become a subject matter expert in your function
- Comply with project plans and coding industry standards.
- Perform unit testing of your code and work closely with QA to ensure successful builds.
- Investigate bugs from QA or customer service, troubleshoot them and fix them. Provide updated status via Jira ticketing system..
- Support Software QA and Project Management in the qualitative and timely delivery of work packages/projects.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven work experience in as a computer software engineer or software developer
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development field.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Spring MVC, Symfony, Zend, JSF, etc..)
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple disciplines, a strong, open and collaborative work style, customer-service orientation with the ability to translate business goals into information management requirements, and experience negotiating contracts with IT vendors and consultant.
- Demonstrates initiative with or without direct authority
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems or generating improvement ideas
- Self-motivated time management
- Supports and maintains positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, and management
- Ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Utilizes good judgment
- Must demonstrate ability to handle diversity amongst people and environments
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow-up and follow-through on project actions and tasks
- Ability to work within and adapt quickly, either in a team environment or individually, to meet deliverables/schedules.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code – with an eye towards performance optimization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Extensive written and oral communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1-2+ years of experience working in software development
- Must have experience in LAMP and Web Services
- Experience in consumer-facing, ecommerce and mobile systems a plus.
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile enabled development.
- Experience with agile methodologies & full SDLC experience
- Strong experience with PHP frameworks like Symfony, and applied knowledge of multiple design patterns (MVP, etc…)
- Proficient with designing and implementing SOAP and REST style web services, OOP,
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools such as GitHub, SVN, CVS, TFS, Chef
- Experienced with MySQL, PostgreSQL or another database system, query authoring, optimization of query plans and indexing
- Has applied virtualization technologies such as AWS, Vagrant, VMware, VirtualBox, or Docker in development and production
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux