Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
- Design and implement solutions for the ViaWest backbone, core and edge network infrastructure with high availability and optimal performance
- Evaluate multiple vendor data products through documented test plans, select vendor, and develop engineering specifications and guidelines for these data products in conjunction with architectures strategies
- Trouble shoot and support of complex routing issues and problems
- Integrate both internal and external solutions into the backbone architecture
- Project management of Backbone related projects and their delivery
- Establish and document standards, policies and procedures
- Provide technical support and training to Operations (NOC), Sales Engineering, and Account Management on all related technologies
- Perform other job related duties as required
- 10+ years experience in network engineering with an emphasis on routing technologies. Service Provider experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Extensive experience with IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting complex routing problems, service provider issues, DDOS mitigation, and internet latency issues.
- Experience working with Cisco ASR platform, Juniper, and reporting tools such as Stateseeker, Netflow, Splunk, etc.
- Expert-level understanding of IP networking and associated protocols including TCP/UDP, BGP, OSPF
- Expert-level understanding of Cisco IOS (and derivatives such as IOS-XR, NX-OS, etc) and Juniper JunOS
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ASR9K platforms.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of DNS, SMTP and server technologies
- Expert-level understanding of LAN protocols - HSRP, Spanning Tree, Ethernet, VLAN
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Desire to grow and learn new technologies.
- Work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good decision making abilities a must
- Flexibility to Support 24 / 7 / 365 operations
- Some programming language and fundamental knowledge preferred (Python, Perl, etc.)
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.