RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Background Screening Specialist in Alpharetta, Georgia (GA).
This job exists to perform the daily functions related to the initiation and verification of all background credentialing including verification of education, employment, criminal, credit and drug testing (if applicable) among other various checks depending on business needs. These checks may also involve the verification of international components and constant communication with business leaders and candidates as well as maintaining a strong relationship with background screening company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily and timely review of all requisitions throughout the day as well as executing the cases in a timely and effective manner; The workload may vary between 40-80 cases a week per specialist
- Daily follow-up of all cases in progress while updating different systems and communicating effectively with business leaders and candidates about the progress of the background screening
- Work closely with recruiters and effectively communicate the status of background screening and any additional components needed per business needs
- Evaluate whether or not a new background check will be required for current employees transferred into new positions or different business units
- Identify and effectively execute background screening for international transfers into the US. Consistently follow the global guidelines provided by background screening vendor
- Communicate effectively with candidates, recruiters, HR business partners and executives about background screening status and any reviews and approvals needed on a case by case basis
- Become familiar with internal background screening policies, guidelines, internal processes including applicable local, state and federal laws pertaining to the employment and background screening process including ban in box legislation and FCRA
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- 1- 3 years background screening experience
- 2-4 years HR experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the use of: Enterprise system (First Advantage), Taleo, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, Microsoft Suite
- Must be extremely adaptable to fluctuating deadlines and be able to stay focused during stressful periods
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.