The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Ensure compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations/rulings, policies and procedures within assigned business lines. Work with compliance staff and business line management on compliance initiatives that encompass regulatory requirements for business lines impacted by consumer compliance regulations including BSA, Privacy, Fair Lending (Regulation B, Fair Housing Act), Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (“HMDA”), Regulation O, RESPA, Regulation Z and other consumer regulations. Assist business line management with compliance related training topics and materials related to laws and regulations.
Conduct quality control and regulatory compliance reviews for assigned business functional areas. Recommend updates to compliance related operating procedures for business lines. Assist business line management with implementation of corrective action plans to resolve and correct compliance-related exceptions, criticisms, deficiencies or violations disclosed during internal compliance reviews for assigned business functional areas.
- Compliance Certifications
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- two years of experience in a bank operations and/or regulatory compliance environment
- two years of experience demonstrating a broad understanding of all aspects of the development and implementation of compliance related quality controls, processes and procedures
- one year of experience conducting Compliance and QC reviews
- one year of experience with report writing and procedure writing
- experience preparing and presenting report findings to management and coordinating responses and follow up
- compliance related responsibilities in a federally regulated financial institution; emphasis on lending
- consumer disclosure and protection laws and regulations
- deposit and lending compliance regulations
- state and federal laws and regulation
- loan operations and banking laws
- coordinate and participate in projects/initiatives
- effectively communicate compliance and operational requirements to business line staff and management
- develop in-depth knowledge of company policies and business operating procedures
- maintain a high level of expertise and working knowledge of the laws, regulations and rulings governing those areas for the assigned business functional
- Conduct file review and security instrument monitoring to ensure compliance with documentation and regulatory requirements;
- Perform independent monitoring, testing and QA audits of key processes to ensure adherence to policies and procedures and support continuous improvement.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.