Banking client in central Houston is looking for a Teller to join their team. The Teller/Retail Banker position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of customer services such as cashing checks; receiving and processing deposits; payments and withdrawals for individual and business accounts; and opens, closes and maintains checking and savings accounts and other services. Cross-sells Bank’s products and services while processing transactions and answering questions from existing and prospective customers.
- Accepts and processes checking and savings deposits including night deposits; inspects deposit tickets and deposited items for completeness and correctness; validates customer receipts. Assembles and prepares for branch capture processing daily.
- Cashes checks and savings withdrawals within prescribed limits. Sells and redeems savings bonds and certificates of deposit.
- Process credit card cash advances. Sells and prepares cashier’s and traveler’s checks.
- Accepts and processes all types of loan, credit line, safe deposit, and tax payments.
- Prepares daily totals and corresponding tickets for batch transactions (e.g., ATM settlement, cash advances, traveler’s checks, TT&L payments, etc.). Assembles and prepares, within established schedule, all transactions for delivery to Proof for timely processing.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate supply of currency and coin; balances cash drawer and vault according to established schedule and performance standards. Sells excess coin and currency to vault, or buys coin and currency to maintain minimum but adequate draw supply.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding basic account information (e.g., account balance, check clearance, loan payoff, etc.). Accepts stop payment and check orders; prints account history if time allows.
- Provides customers with ATM and loan applications, plastic self-sealing money bags and product information.
- Participates in business development program through aggressive cross-selling efforts to established consumer, commercial and credit card customers and prospective customers.
- May open or close branch, main vault or night deposit vault for the day.
- May open, replenish or balance branch’s ATM machine according to established schedule. Logs and transmits intercepted ATM cards.
- Processes the opening, closing and/or maintenance of records for: New Accounts, Certificates of Deposit, IRAs, Safe Deposit Boxes, ATM/Debit Cards and Direct Deposits.
- Minimum of 6 months of Teller experience in a financial institution
- Ability to operate a CRT, teller machine and 10-key calcultor
- Knowledge of various government laws and regulations including Reg E, Bank Secrecy Act, Reg CC, OFAC requirements, deposit verifications, audit requirements, etc.