Banking Specialist (Part Time)
Middlesex Savings Bank, one of the largest mutually owned savings banks in the country, is seeking a Part Time Banking Specialist to promote good customer relations through the handling of a wide array of banking transactions. The Banking Specialist utilizes knowledge of Bank products and services to proactively assist customers in expanding and deepening their financial relationship with the Bank.
- Assists customers with the acquisition of new products and services while providing consistently high levels of customer service. Opens various accounts and facilitates the resolution of service-related issues and problems.
- Processes a variety of financially related transactions to assist customers. Completes said transactions in an efficient, accurate and professional manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services. Utilizes said knowledge to identify and actively pursue needs-based sales opportunities in keeping with established objectives. Also uses said knowledge to effectively refer sales opportunities to other departments.
- Assists customers with the loan application process and processes applications in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. Conducts loan closings as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services sufficient to answer product and service related questions and make proper referrals.
- Balances transactions and cash at the end of the day and participates in branch settlement.
- Ensures that transactions are processed and that proper documentation is completed within established time frames.
- Assist Manager with completion of other duties such as balancing of ATMs and ordering of stock, as requested.
- Represents the Bank by participating in various community activities.
- Actively works with immediate supervisor to meet or exceed assigned personal, sales and service goals.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed security and regulatory guidelines. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and business attire.
- Completes all prescribed training in a timely fashion, as requested.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be requested.
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with Manager where clarification or exception to Bank policy may be required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- At least 1-3 years of teller experience or similar customer service-related position within banking.
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours. Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.