Join Our Leadership Team
Stratford On The Park
Banquet Chef Opportunity
We’re seeking an experienced Banquet Chef at Stratford On The Park – a private event space operated by Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants! We’re looking for someone with banquet experience who is eager to collaborate with an experienced Executive Chef.
If this is a match for your skills and you’re eager to take the next step in your culinary career, please apply. EOE. E-Verify.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Executive Chef or Banquet Chef
- Experienced with high-volume production
- Skilled in leading and developing teams based in mutual respect
- Experienced with executing upscale / fine dining menus and multiple cuisines
- Ability to run back of house systems including financials
Stratford on the Park is a private events venue located in the historic Belden Stratford at 2300 N. Lincoln Park West - just steps away from Lincoln Park Conservatory and Gardens. The chef-driven eclectic new American menu will offer Lettuce Entertain You restaurant-quality food and hospitality for a variety of events including corporate functions, social gathering and weddings.
We offer: Competitive pay ... quarterly bonus program ... restaurant discounts ... Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance ...domestic partner benefits ... vision plan ... 401(k) ... employee assistance program (EAP) ... pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable) ... training, development & advancement opportunities ... paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave ... and more.
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Participate in E-Verify.
We Participate in E-Verify.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for creating and maintaining all menus and recipes used in the restaurant, and for the purchasing, preparation, presentation, and service of these menu items. Hire, train, supervise and develop a culinary management and hourly staff. Work with the General Manager in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales, and manage costs. Work with the management team on all financial aspects of the Back of House (BOH).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise BOH employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and retain qualified culinary/BOH management and hourly employees.
- Train, coach and develop culinary management team in areas including: LEYE culture, systems, policies and procedures, personal growth, operational, food, and financial knowledge, interpersonal skills and organizational techniques.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Work with divisional trainer to ensure LEYE philosophies are being taught.
- Schedule, conduct and document employee performance reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Identify, train and develop key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions.
- Perform a daily “walk through” inventory to prioritize product utilization.
- Assign production duties to all kitchen staff.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering Manager.
- Responsible for the purchase and ordering of all food products and supplies for the restaurant.
- Responsible for the purchase and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Complete a daily product order.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Track high cost items according to standard operating procedure.
- Meet daily with appropriate Manager/Chef to coordinate and ensure production standards, determine lunch and dinner specials, employee meals, complimentary pass outs and amuses, review kitchen personnel needs and issues, party needs, etc.
- Identify and communicate production needs to Pastry Chef.
- Meet daily with Sous Chefs to coordinate and ensure production standards
- Write agenda for shift cook meetings (to be conducted by Sous Chef).
- Become proficient in all functions of Chef, Pastry Chef, Saucier, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Coordinator and Steward functions.
- Develop and maintain recipe books prescribing ingredients, product specifications, and portion sizes, which become property of LEYE.
- Develop all menus and food items.
- Communicate menu/recipe changes to staff.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Prepare ingredients needed for recipes of menu items.
- Prepare food items according to prescribed recipes.
- Coordinate proper food storage according to standard operating procedure.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to management.
- Ensure BOH employees understand and adhere to sanitation/safety guidelines.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Safely and efficiently use knives and other tools, utensils and equipment necessary to complete preparation of menu items.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper back of house operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Adhere to standing “zoning” procedures.
- Wear a hair restraint while on duty.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location