We are searching for a committed, proactive Bar Manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The Bar Manager will hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional and private events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain vendor contacts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
To succeed as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as supplier contacts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that the bar is well staffed during peak hours and events.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Working with diverse personalities both with the staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in all events with management staff.
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons
- Bar Manager Requirements:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years restaurant or management experience or more is required.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak season, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced environment.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org