Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first public commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
- We are empathic , pre-emptive and knowing
- We are in tune with the nuances of being a Future Astronaut
- We reshape the traditional divisions between ourselves and our guests, blurring the line between them and us
- We understand that the journey is made up from multiple unique paths – from the physical to the emotional and beyond
- We don’t see ourselves as the more traditional staff, crew or host
- We are more, we are mentors trainers, guides and companions
- We foster a more natural culture – celebrating improvement and creating a frictionless service experience
- We take the journey step by step and hand in hand – empowering people and opening them to their inner potential
- We take care to discovers what matters most in their mission for each and every astronaut
- We orchestrate the rhythm of the whole experience – tailoring the journey to elevate the most valuable moments
- We elevate even the everyday, finding a twist that sets us apart
- We look ahead for Future Astronauts needs, ensuring the experiences matches the pace of their hopes and fears
Spaceport America is the first spaceport designed and constructed specifically for commercial users that had not previously been an airport or federal infrastructure of any kind. The site is built to accommodate both vertical and horizontal launch aerospace vehicles, as well as an array of non-aerospace events and commercial activities. Your mission is to work together with the catering company, representing Virgin Galactic, and looking after our F&B spaces throughout Spaceport. You will be delivering amazing service to our guests and our team.
Reports to: You report to the F&B Service Coordinator and work together with the baristas, waiters, GM, and hosts. This role is located at Spaceport America, and at our offices within the city of Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Your impeccable, friendly service kicks off our customers’ journey into space! You will be able to work well operationally, supporting the F&B operation from both the front of house as well as back of house. Your abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential and you always bring a smile to work. You are organized, creative, and super passionate about hospitality. You are an experienced waiter or barista who loves food! You support the daily operations, monitor quality standards and service as well as working on restaurant related training manuals. Other responsibilities include conducting waiter training, maintaining service standards, product quality and cleanliness, handling quality and service, managing supplies, and resolving inconsistencies in operations or orders.
- Actively engaged in reviewing and updating SOPs
- Create, execute review and update opening and closing checklist
- Actively communicate with Facilities on any equipment issues
- Actively manage the maintenance schedule for the Barista Equipment
- Upkeep the restaurant area
- Host guests in the restaurant
- Support the catering company (Chef Tatsu) during lunch hours
- Prepare lunch buffet ready for the catering company
- Actively Manage the lunch service
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information
- Ensure all dirty dishes are being removed from Restaurant area into the designated trolleys or straight into the kitchen
- Assist in manning the dishwashing station
- Store clean cutlery and crockery
- Polish glassware and store accordingly
- Must be able to meet ITAR requirements
Proactively up keeping the ‘Breakroom’ F&B Facilities (inventory, tidying and restocking)
- Communicate with Daily Ops desk and catering company on schedules and lunch numbers
- Provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables
- Inform customers about the day’s special
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Check customer's IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy restaurant area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with fellow F&B staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. events)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
NOTE: The job scope will change and evolve towards the milestone of the start of commercial service. As the team will grow, your job role might evolve.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Traits that should be second nature to you if considering this role…
- Actively Caring: Prior to taking decisions and performing actions you consider the impact upon others. You demonstrate compassion and concern and attempt to minimize any negative effects. You make decisions by balancing the needs of the business with the needs of individuals, teams and the environment.
- Cheerful: You approach your work with a bounce in your step and you smile last lasts well after people have stopped looking. Others are infected by your positive mood and look forward to coming into contact with you. You seem to believe in the future.
- Committed: You are loyal to the organization and you understand and support its goals. You are enthusiastic about the objectives and tasks you are given. Your dedication helps you overcome any flaws you identify.
- Honest: You believe that honesty is fair to others and being dishonest usually catches up with you in the long run, so make your point of answering questions truthfully and finding the earliest good opportunity to tell others things they would benefit from knowing.
- Presentable: You consider the impact your personal presentation will have with whom you come into contact. You follow company guidance and always ensure you are clean, well-groomed and that your clothes are laundered and in good repair.
- Reliable: People know that when you commit to something, you will do your utmost best to take it happen. You are ready on time and this does not mean present – you are willing, prepared and able to do the job in hand. You need less management as a result.
- Willing: You are eager to assist others and agreeable to change. You are ready to consent to requests cheerfully and without complaining. You are happy to undertake additional tasks and show flexibility.
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 9 hours min.
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to manoeuvre in tight spaces.
Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
Must be in possession of a up to date food handlers certificate
VG and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.