We are looking for a Benefits administrator who will report to the HR Manager for our Technical Staffing firm located in San Mateo, California. The right candidate will assist with all employee benefit programs for our company from leave of absence to retirement plans. Your work will be of utmost importance since the correct processing and distribution of benefits is vital for employee retention and satisfaction. This is a full-time position and working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F. Due to the hours of the position and the commutes in the bay area, we will prefer local candidates and someone with reliable transportation only.
Confidentiality and efficiency are very important qualities for a benefits administrator. If you also possess communication skills and deep knowledge of regulations and benefit options, then you are our ideal candidate. Must be trustworthy and reliable, as you play a critical role in the HR Department.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, loans, hardships and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Assist with training and support.
- Assist with 5500 Audits and ACA reporting and compliance
- Maintaining complex excel spreadsheets
- Process employment verifications and unemployment claims
- Assist the HR Department with other projects as needed
Our ideal employee would have the following skillsets:
- Excel knowledge is a must for this position.
- Outstanding communication and oral skills
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- A positive team player with a can do attitude
- Ability to work independently and assume additional responsibilities as required
- Being a ‘list’ person is a key skill for this role
- ADP experience a plus!
We are a tight-knit office -- you join a family when you join the team. We emphasize work/life balance and have an excellent and open company culture. We are looking with someone that can match our vibe! Benefits offered after probation period and advancement opportunities are available. Please e-mail resume (PDF or Word) with a brief introduction to email@example.com ATTN: Benefits Administrator.
We look forward to hearing from you!