Big Data Solutions Architect
San Jose, CA
Minimum Experience / Relevance
12+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics.
- Strong experience working hands--on with big data systems such hdfs, hive, impala,Presto and spark on one of the Hadoop distributions such as CDH, HDP etc.
- Expert understanding of data, database design, data warehousing (ETL)
- Strong expertise in writing PL/SQL scripts, functions, stored procedures, complex SQL queries, PL/SQL analytical functions, hierarchical, parent-child queries.
- Hands on experience on Shell Scripting
- Strong knowledge in different programming or scripting languages. (SQL, python, Scala)
- Strong knowledge of creating Data Lake and to create the data ingestion process and data integration framework for Data Lake.
- Experience with agile or other rapid application development methodologies.
- Experience in architecting at least two or more big data solution from modelling to visualization
- Knowledge of Implementing security, encryption best practices for Big Data environments.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills including strong listening and question based knowledge gathering skills
- Must have experience in writing proposals, coming up with solutions to address customers business needs, contribute/provide direction to the teams to create high-level / low-level BI architectures
- Should be team player and able to manage bigger teams
- Excellent English communication both written and verbal
- Good to have experience with MPP databases like Netezza, ETL tools like Informatica, and BI tools like SAS, Tableau,etc.
- Experience in working Data Governance Tools like Informatica IDQ
- Experience in working on Teradata Platform - Bteq Scripts, Teradata Query Grid is a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Architect, design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect and process very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), including streaming real-time.
- Driving Big Data solutions within strategic accounts by providing expert technical guidance on architecture, design, implementation, tuning, and integration.
- Responding to RFP, providing technical requirements, propose logical & Physical architecture with details of integration, preparing effort estimation & WBS and highlighting any technical non-compliance, risk & mitigation plan
- Work with Big Data Leadership in building the practice
- Should lead couple of large engagements in terms of delivery/solutioning
- Should Build the client relationships