Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: President & CEO
Summary of Position:
The Human Resources Generalist implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions. Develop & administer HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage & kept up to date all policies and procedures that comply with U.S & Canadian governments and employer guidelines including OSHA, HIPAA, FMLA, ACA, and COBRA.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Select & administer benefit programs for medical, dental, life insurance, 401 (k), and workers’ compensation for both U.S & Canada.
- Actively engage in conflict resolution to build a more cohesive environment.
- Manage exempt & nonexempt recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and training.
- Process I-9 and E-verify.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 2 U.S. sites & site in Canada.
- Manage & maintain all payroll, benefits, training, and record keeping reports.
- Manage employee corrective actions & terminations for both U.S. Sites.
- Create all job descriptions.
- Update employee handbook and translate from English to Spanish.
- Partner with Operations Manager to ensure optimal staffing in all departments.
- Manage bill reconciliation (Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life/AD&D).
- Coordinate holiday events and all other special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in HR
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
TYR Tactical offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays, and a company paid Life Insurance.