This position will report to the Plant Human Resources Manager and will provide HR service, advice and counsel to the plant’s management and employee team in the acquisition, development, deployment, and retention of their respective organization’s human resources while remaining strategically aligned with the business’ strategy, goals and objectives.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Establishes and maintains effective and supportive relationships with plant management and employees.
- Coordinates with plant management to identify, evaluate and resolve performance and conduct issues that arise with employees assigned to the plant.
- Assists with the on-boarding and in-processing for employees new to the plant and the off-boarding of employees exiting the plant.
- Assists in the collection and dissemination of information through appropriate communication channels to plant employees on behalf of plant management.
- Assists in the research, investigation, and resolution of employee performance or conduct matters with plant management.
- Administers the compliance of corporate policies, procedures and legal regulations by applying knowledge of company policy and Federal and State laws and regulations
- Collects data and prepares reports in accordance with HR measurement requirements
- Collects and processes employee records and creates employment record for each plant employee in accordance with corporate policy and legal guidance.
- Oversees the collection and transfer of payroll data from the plant to corporate payroll staff in accordance with corporate payroll process and procedures.
- Facilitates effective interpersonal communication among employees, supervisors and managers.
- Gathers and maintains records on behalf of the plant with regard to health & safety, employee hiring, and payroll.
- Coordinates and conducts training for management, supervisors and employees in employment processes and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor's degree with at least five (5) years of applicable human resources experience. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above. PHR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Experience in human resources generalist roles gained within consumer food production or related environments, with a proven track record in providing effective and efficient delivery of human resources services and products.
- Strong customer focus approach to providing HR services and products to employees
- Maturity, self-confidence, integrity and strong communication skills will be critical to this role
- Effective planning and organizing skills and abilities will be critical in ensuring compliance, managing multiple tasks, and servcing employees.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate conflict resolution or problem solving amongst employees.
- Effective decision making skills to include the ability to comprehensively identify a situation or opportunity, determine multiple courses of action, assess the risk associated with each course, and effectively decide and act on a decision
- High level of business or related academic achievement.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting and manufacturing facilities.