GovernmentCIO is looking for a Bioinformatics Analyst to join our team. The role is working with the Veterans Administration at the VA Medical Center in Boston, MA.
The successful candidate for this position will join an interdisciplinary team of computational biologists, bioinformatics scientists and management who are working together with the Veterans Administration (VA) to develop new methodologies to rapidly and accurately identify genotypic and phenotypic factors that may lead to disease cures for all Veterans and people worldwide.
This individual will assist on the development and use of computational tools to perform data analysis for various VA projects. Projects will include computational and statistical analyses of sequencing studies as well as participating in collaborative discussions with team member in the development of presentations for existing and new data discoveries.
The successful individual will be responsible for organizing, manipulating, and integrating various datasets, and assisting in preparation of formal documentation and presentations for various projects. Statistical analysis, data integration and pathway network analysis are preferred skills.
- Bachelors in Biomedical engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 2+ years experience with computational analysis of biological datasets, and curation of summarized scientific publications;
- Relevant experience or formal training in computational biology, machine learning, and statistics is a plus;
- Knowledge of programing languages including: Perl, Python, Java, Matlab, R, Unix is preferred;
- Familiarity with next-generation sequence data analysis tools;
- Good understanding and practical experience in data management tools and applications;
- Demonstrated capability as highly organized, a creative problem-solver, detail-oriented, self- motivated, and able to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams;
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing and high-demand environments;
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be able to work on-site at the VA Medical Center in Boston