My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in South San Francisco, CA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The candidate will perform various data analysis and management tasks to support the Oncology Biomarker Development department.
- Analysis of datasets to inform optimization of platforms and assays under development Identification and monitoring of genetic biomarkers from clinical datasets QC, curation, and maintenance of biomarker datasets generated internally and from outside vendors
- Statistical data analysis expertise using R (preferred), Spotfire, or other analysis package Experience analyzing next generation sequencing data (mapping, variant finding, annotation) Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python Familiarity with working in a Linux environment
- Relational database design and query is desired
- Experience with LIMS system use and maintenance Knowledge of cancer genomics
- Doctorate or Master's degree in bioinformatics or computational biology or in a life science field with at least three years of experience working in a bioinformatics position