My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Associate for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in South San Francisco, CA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The Microchemistry Proteomics and Lipidomics (MPL) department is looking for a versatile, multi-skilled data scientist to develop a database that captures results and meta-data related to Proteomics experiments.
- The position will work closely with the MPL computational team as well as a multi-departmental project team whose goal is to link the database to other computational resources in place.
- Demonstrated communication, prioritization, organization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced environment are abilities that are highly desired.
- Development of a relational database to store analyzed datasets along with their annotations-Development of a meta-data schema that captures important experimental conditions as well as sample information-Development of application-program interface (API) methods that enable the database to be accessed across departments
- Skilled at converting experimental data and biological meta-data from a variety of input formats into a relational database (i.e. MySQL) and performing complex queries.
- High level of programming proficiency with Python and SQL, as well as a good understanding of command line tools in a Linux environment.
- Demonstrated experience with software development in a team setting and good coding practices.
- Experience with web frameworks and data visualization tools would be considered a tremendous plus.
- BS in a related area of study-A background in computational analysis of Proteomics or RNA expression data is not strictly required but would be a significant advantage.