Job Title : Bioinformatics Data Scientist/ Bench Scientist
Location: La Jolla, CA
- Bioinformatics data scientist to develop and support the computational infrastructures for cancer genomics data analyses including databases, pipelines and web applications.
- Integrate, curate and load data from cancer multi-omics studies into backend databases of VIP, cBioPortal and OASIS.
- Develop data analysis tools to support data mining initiatives such as FG/Achilles, BOE, PROTECT etc.
- Collaborate with RBT to support web-based analytical platforms: VIP, cBioportal and OASIS.
- Collaborate with computational biologists/scientists to develop innovative data analysis pipelines and methods.
- This position will be part of the Oncology Computational Biology group and will have frequent interactions with the following groups:
o Oncology Translational Research (OTR)
o Tumor Cell Biology (TCB)
o Translational Oncology, Global Product Development (GPD)
o Research Business Technology (RBT)
- Skills developing or working with relational databases using Oracle, MySQL etc. and noSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Strong programming skill in one or more of the following languages: R, PERL, Python.
- Working experience with NGS data analysis and bioinformatics analysis pipelines.
- Working experience with cancer genomics databases such as TCGA, CCLE, COSMIC.
- Comfortable working in the Unix/Linux development environment.
- Working knowledge in molecular biology and genomics.
What is the minimum education experience required:
- Master degree in bioinformatics, computer science or related discipline (or bachelor with equivalent working experience).