Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Duration: Full time
- Experience in analyzing single cell data
- Proficiency with statistical software and associated bioinformatics packages
- Excellent knowledge of biology and ability to communicate with wet-lab scientist
- Experience in building the pipelines and associate tools for the single cell data analysis
- Experience in a core facility
- Work with a fast-paced interdisciplinary team to apply computational data analysis approaches to make biological discoveries; independently design the analytical approaches as well as identify and solve scientific or technical problems.
- Collaborate with and support scientists to design experiments, analyze and interpret high throughput biological data as well as prepare and present the results based on the scientific objectives.
- Develop analytical approaches to integrate complex biological data generated internally as well as use of publicly available datasets.
- Write data analysis sections of manuscripts, prepare publication quality figures, and deposit data to external repositories that meet publication requirements.
- Develop and maintain custom software and pipelines as well as evaluate and utilize commercial and open source software as required by research projects.
- Lead the design and development efforts of major bioinformatics-related programming projects, coordinate with numerous resources required for the development.
- Establish reproducible data analysis pipelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs); provide detailed documentations for methodologies so they can be reproduced and applied to similar studies.
- Work independently with research groups to develop analytical pipeline for single cell RNA-seq data.
- Identify, evaluate and implement different analytical approaches for processing scRNA-seq data for different experiment protocols, and investigate visualization tools for single cell datasets.
- Provide ad hoc trainings and hands-on workshops on the use of bioinformatics tools.
- Attend group meetings with scientists and diverse technology specialists; present findings to individuals and groups.
- Update job knowledge and remain current with emerging technologies, advances in biology, statistics, computer science and bioinformatics.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience in a biological research environment, experience with providing user support in a core facility setting.
- Proficiency in working in a UNIX/LINUX environment, and with at least one UNIX based scripting languages (Perl, Python etc.).
- Proficiency with statistical/mathematical software such as R/MATLAB or equivalent and associated bioinformatics libraries/packages.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with large scale biological data analyses especially high-throughput sequencing data, open sources programs, commercial software and public data resources.
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms and pipelines for the processing of large datasets especially high-throughput sequencing data.
- Excellent knowledge of molecular biology, genomics, genetics, and ability to communicate with to wet-lab scientists.
- Experience in the analysis of single cell data, and/or build the pipelines and associated analysis tools for the single cell data analysis.
- Ability to write manuscripts for publication, and record of high quality publications and oral presentations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, to train, or mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team, including laboratory scientists, bioinformaticians, statisticians, and data analysts.
About our Company: -
Connecting people’s aptitude & ambitions with our opportunities to deliver results.
E-Talent Network is responsible for carrying out the recruitment process and is a service provider for 22nd Century Technologies.
22nd Century Technologies was established in 1997 and is headquartered in McLean VA. We are one of the leading IT services and solutions firm in the country with 12 regional offices and presence in all 50 states. We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in defense, intelligence, civil, and healthcare markets. As our name implies, we are a forward thinking company with the ultimate goal of helping our customers implement innovative IT solutions that will satisfy their business needs. We combine real-world experience, specialized skills, innovative thinking, and industry knowledge to deliver quality IT solutions. At our core, we are about people - our customers and our employees.
“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."