Medical Specialties Distributors, LLC (MSD) is hiring an entry level Biomedical Equipment Technician to help repair Durable Medical Equipment at our Oakwood Village, OH!
**We are willing to train someone with an electrical, mechanical or similar degree!
An entry-level biomedical technician who is capable of doing preventive maintenance on a wide variety of biomedical equipment. Should have a technical background and the ability to perform minor repairs. Expected to learn troubleshooting skills and operation of a wide variety of biomedical equipment. He/she will be expected to participate in business growth and productivity improvement initiatives.
• Will perform PM’s and minor repairs on a variety of biomedical equipment
• Will mentor and assist PM technicians
• Will identify training needs for self
• Will assure the service area is clean and orderly, providing a safe environment for service personnel
• Will assure accurate database entry and reports
• Expected to meet production goals set for department
• Will participate in department on call rotation
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities):
• Basic troubleshooting ability
• Some knowledge of various hospital / homecare medical equipment
• Excellent customer communication skills
• Computer literate with an understanding of database operations
• Understanding of and ability to operate basic electronic test equipment
• Basic knowledge of electronics, electricity, electro-mechanical, fluidics, pneumatics and hydraulic theories and practices.
• Associate’s Degree in an electronic field, preferably biomedical, or a combination of education and experience
• Strong work ethic and focus on quality work
• Must be organized.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
• Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Professionalism and mature sense of accountability