BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (BMET)
On Site Barksdale AFB **
Great Pay! Mon-Friday Days Only! **
- Mandatory knowledge and skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying a wide range of specialized methods, principles, and techniques of electronics and complex medical system failures, recovery of systems, adjusting, modifying, and improving systems to include hardware and software components.
- Knowledge of a wide range of electronic principles and practices, operating parameters, capabilities, and limitations of electronic systems associated with complex medical systems/equipment; and of systems and component design, capabilities, configurations, limitations, and functional operation; and of various types of electronic logic.
- Knowledge of Air Force, Department of Defense, The Joint Commission, AAAHC, CAP, OSHA, NFPA, NEC, FDA and other regulations, procedures, and practices as it applies to biomedical equipment.
- Skill in the interpretation of technical data such as drawings, schematics, blueprints, and specifications of complete electronic systems; in analyzing problems in integrated/interfacing systems involving numerous complex circuits; and in using complex electronic and electromechanical test and measuring equipment using integrated test functions for different purposes.
- Ability to maintain, repair, and test biomedical equipment in accordance with strict OEM technical compliance. Ability to solve technical and performance problems for highly complex electronic systems. Ability to trace electronics logic from one system to another.
- Ability to use standard Air Force computers and software to enter and extract data to maintain records and document actions.
- Education. An associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or engineering required.
- Experience. At least two years of biomedical equipment technician experience is required
Job Type: Full-time