Medical Specialties Distributors, LLC (MSD) is looking for an experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician II (BMET II)for our growing company!
A competent biomedical technician, he/she must be capable of doing PM’s on a wide variety of biomedical equipment. The BMET II position is the primary repair resource and fill-in PM resource at the service / biomedical location. In small locations, this person may be tasked to act as local supervisor of the staff. As a competent technical resource, he/she will be expected to mentor BMET I’s and PM techs to improve the competency and value of our technicians. The BMET II will be expected to participate in business growth and productivity improvement initiatives.
• Will perform repairs on a wide variety of biomedical equipment
• Will stay current with new products and new technologies in the biomedical industry
• Will perform PM’s as needed
• Will teach and mentor BMET 1 and PM personnel to improve their technical ability
• Will act as liaison to our customers to solve technical problems and complaints
• Will identify training needs for self.
• Will participate in department on call rotation
• May, if necessary, act as department supervisor during managers absence
• Will assure that service area is clean and orderly.
• Will assure accurate database entry and reports by self and staff
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities):
• Strong demonstrable technical troubleshooting ability
• Broad knowledge base of various hospital / homecare medical equipment
• Excellent customer communication skills
• Computer literate with an understanding of database operations
• Understanding of and ability to operate specialized test equipment used on medical equipment
• Working knowledge of electronics, electricity, electro-mechanical, fluidics, pneumatics and hydraulic theories and practices
• Strong work ethic and focus on quality work
• An Associates Degree in an electronic field, preferably biomedical, or a combination of education and experience.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
• Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
• Must be organized
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Professionalism and mature sense of accountability
• Ability to manage biomed personnel
• Enthusiasm for the MSD Mission
• Ability to work closely with other members of the MSD Team
• Ability to work with and mentor personnel
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude
• Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities while remaining focused on results
• Willing to perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Biomed Manager