University of Vermont - Technical Services Partnership
For nearly forty years, Technical Services Partnership (TSP) has been partnering with health care providers to increase the quality of care through the use of advanced medical technology. Our health care life cycle technology planning and management services have enabled our customers to stay abreast of the latest advances in health care technology while ensuring patient safety, clinical efficacy, cost containment, and operational excellence.
We are recognized locally, nationally, and internationally for our leadership in the field of health care technology management.
As a non-profit division within the University of Vermont, our customers benefit from our close association with the Medical School, the advanced research capabilities of the university, and the ability to cost-effectively leverage the resources of a highly regarded institute of learning.
About our People
To deliver the best in health care technology management services, we invest in the most qualified Clinical Engineers and Biomedical Equipment Technicians. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds, but they possess a common drive and commitment to delivering the very best service. Our experienced and responsive staff are partners in day-to-day endeavors, applying their vast array of talents and expertise.
Technical Services Partnership takes pride in hiring the best and the brightest Clinical Engineers and Biomedical Equipment Technicians. Our staff is completely dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and technology management for the wellbeing of patients. We provide a world class opportunity and education to our staff.
As a department within the University of Vermont, TSP offers the following generous benefit package to its valued employees:
· Competitive compensation
· Paid holiday and vacation time
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Life insurance
· 403B (401k) program
· Tuition Remission for self and Children
Repair, calibrate, install and perform preventive maintenance on a variety of complex medical instruments. Perform duties as an independent on site team member including repair service, performance inspection and customer support in the management of clinical technology.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Approves new biomedical equipment by conducting tests; ensuring adherence to codes; making modifications.
- Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
- Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
- Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations
- Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trend.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Associate's degree in in Biomedical technology or electronics with three years related experience required.
· Valid driver's license or ability to obtain and driver's check may be required.
· Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
· Specific physical requirements may apply based on job functions.
· Effective communication, customer service and computer skills required.
· Certification as a Biomedical Equipment Technician.
· Occasional overtime/weekend hours required
· Candidates must complete a 6-month probationary period
· Travel to and from worksites may be required depending on position
The University of Vermont is committed to diversity and inclusion.
For more information regarding the University of Vermont's diversity initiatives,
please visit the President's web site at: www.uvm.edu/president.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applications from women, veterans and people from diverse racial, ethnic,
and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.