Job ID: 137828
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Coordinate block plant manufacturing activities during assigned shift. Operate block plant and yard equipment alongside block plant tenders.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Execute plant management team’s daily shift production plans.
- Assign plant block plant tenders to specific jobs tasks to ensure shift production plan and plant targets are achieved.
- Coordinate and adjust work methods to meet work schedules and production targets.
- Hold daily job and safety briefings for shift crew.
- Set up, operate, adjust and troubleshoot block plant and yard equipment, including: block plant casting, batching, cubing, transfer systems, forklift and wheel loader.
- Review work areas and check tools and equipment for defects and safety concerns.
- Work with customers, site staff and company employees.
- Various administrative duties include safety training, inspections, reports, etc.
- Demonstrate equipment and work methods for new employees.
- Order block plant supplies and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Use of machines, tools, block plant equipment, equipment monitors, operate forklift and loader, shovel, broom, hoses, hand and power tools, welder, cutting torch, chipper.
Technical expertise and mechanical inclination is needed to operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant and mobile equipment.
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively direct work through others while maintaining high safety and quality standards of production.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.