Butler-Dearden, a 136 year old distributor of packaging supplies, safety items, printing paper and facility supplies located in Boylston, MA, is seeking an individual to fill a bookkeeper / benefits administrator position. Please visit our website at www.butlerdearden.com for more information on the company. The company has experienced steady growth over the last several years and is in need of an experienced person to add to its team.
The Bookkeeper possesses responsibility for all company accounting, finance, tax compliance, internal control policies and procedures and company financial reporting. He/she has overall accountability for following standards, ensuring accounting/controls compliance and accurate reporting of financial results. In addition the position is responsible for administration of benefits.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the company’s financial records.
- Process Company’s accounts payables ensuring all company guidelines are adhered to.
- Oversees and provides backup for A/P clerk, A/R and credit manager.
- Keep records of all financial transactions for the company and have available for ownership monthly accurate financial statements.
- Administer 401(k) to include tracking and posting weekly contributions, compiling and posting into appropriate format and transmitting payment of contributions on-line. Act as company liaison to 401(k) provider.
- Reconciles and balances all bank accounts monthly.
- Processes all payroll in accordance with company policy and local, state, and federal regulations. Acts as company liaison to payroll company in all payroll related matters.
- Administer all company employee benefits in accordance with federal law and Summary Plan Descriptions. Assist employees with benefit questions. Provide to all eligible employees a review of benefits available and ensure enrollment and waiver forms are completed.
- Completes onboarding process for all new hires in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensure proper and timely filing of all taxes related to business operations including multi-state sales taxes, payroll taxes, and income taxes. Work with appropriate vendors where applicable.
- Work with outside accounting firm to provide all necessary data and information for annual audit and income tax preparation.
-Proven successful experience in full cycle bookkeeping for a medium sized company. Demonstrated proficiency in accounting functions.
-High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel).
-High level of proficiency in financial software products.
-Ability to efficiently and effectively handle a myriad of duties simultaneously while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
-Superior organizational and time management skills.
-Excellent professional communication skills and appropriate grammar as related to utilizing communication tools including but not limited business correspondence, Email, and telephone calls.
Associates Degree Required. Bachelors Degree preferred in accounting related field.
At least 5 years prior experience in a full-charge bookkeeping role.