Paragon Events, Inc. is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized bookkeeper to join our team. If you take pleasure in keeping your home well-ordered and tidy then you may well find that this is an aspect of the job that you really enjoy, rather than a chore. As an integral part of the Finance and Accounting Department, you will play a key role in managing the finances of the business and will also collaborate and communicate with employees, vendors, and customers to ensure accuracy of all financial transactions. As a bookkeeper, you will be required to communicate with finesses, professionalism, and accuracy. You will report directly to the Director Accounting and President & CEO.
Core responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create financial transactions and generating relevant reports
- Post information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts
- Prepare and maintain accurate billings
- Process cash receipts, including verifying correct coding
- Process accounts payable invoices for payment
- Investigate unpaid invoices, credit memos
- Process and remit accounts payable checks and electronic funds transfers
- Communicate with vendors and personnel pertaining to accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Enter W-9’s upon receipt
- Maintain files and records (e.g. copies of paid invoices, checks, documentation, reimbursements, reports, vendor files, receipts, etc.)
- Participate in staff meetings and communicate with team on processes and procedures
- Compile financial information related to work assignments for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information
- Respond to inquiries of staff and administration regarding financial procedures
The successful candidate possesses:
- At least 4 years of accounting and or bookkeeping experience REQUIRED.
- Exceptional navigation of QuickBooks and Bill Pay
- Extensive knowledge of data procession
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- You are concise and are attentive to detail.
- You are organized and intuitive.
- You are a strong time manager with respect for deadlines