Bookkeeper role is open with a company that has been working in southern Seattle for over 70 years. This is a project that will work no more than 40 hours a week for nine months. This position directly reports to the Controller and works on projects for the CFO.
The workload will consist of preparing, reviewing, and uploading journal entries into their accounting system. The Candidate will also be responsible for filing monthly and quarterly B&O taxes. Reconciliations must be timely and accurate (within Payroll and GL). Must be able to work within fixed assets and prepare roll-forward worksheets for the GL. Will need to work within sophisticated Excel spreadsheets and be able to derive information from different systems and set-up new vendors/ establish and maintain all W-9's.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing and reviewing Journal Entries
• End of month and end of quarter filing along with B&O taxes
• Must be able to timely and accurately complete payroll and general ledger reconciliations
• Must be able to work within Excel and learn new systems quickly.
• Experience with major ERP Accounting System a plus
• 2 years of experience
• Bachelor's in Accounting preferred
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliations, A/P Processing, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.