This position is hourly plus commission.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is looking for a Branch Loan Consultant "BLC". BLC will be assigned to a metropolitan territory. BLC will take applications, consult and evaluate Member's financial situation, financial and personal objectives and provide the appropriate mortgage financing options based on the Member's goals, with the goal to assist in the process to become a homeowner or obtain better financial options on existing mortgages. BLC will develop a close relationship with Members, also will build a business relationship with other departments, and with business partners such as real estate agents. Participate in business development activities that promote lending programs by attending workshops, promotions and events. Incorporate consultative service skills with Members regarding credit union products and services.
We are passionate about helping Members and the communities where we live and work. SchoolsFirst FCU is a well-respected, innovative and successful financial institution, ranked #1 under Top 25 Credit Unions in California. SchoolsFirst FCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We offer a rewarding position with an hourly base pay and commission structure. Our generous medical benefits package is credit union paid.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA the Real Estate Lending Standard Operating Procedures, and Desktop Procedures.
- Incorporates consultative service skills with Members regarding credit union products and services by assessing the Member's needs, addressing their concerns and gaining agreement.
- Participates in business development activities that promote lending programs by attending workshops, promotions and events.
- Provides support to branch MSR's that have real estate loan related questions or need assistance serving a Member.
- Discuss disputed real estate loan decisions with manager, including alternate solutions for the Member, Researches and resolves Member disputes in all aspects of Member service goodwill and any applicable Federal or State Regulations.
- Well-developed sales ability
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assisting brokers to qualify applicants for the right mortgage loan products based on pricing, income, credit, and assets
- Up to date on market trends and developments in the local real estate market
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to interact with Members, teammembers, mortgage brokers and others encountered in the course of work
- Excel in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- Structure and price loans accurately
- Ability to work on Saturdays and extended hours