The Branch Manager, Hazardous Waste Services (known internally as the Technical Services Branch Manager) has direct responsibility for the operational execution of Transportation & Disposal and CleanPack service lines including the oversight and management of all truck-to-truck transfer operations within their region.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Responsible for the daily management and supervision of CleanPack, Logistics, and Technical Service Coordinators.
- Ensure that coordinators manage labor and equipment resources to cover all customer needs and maximize utilization objectives; Manage according to rules/regulations on labor relations, OSHA, DOT and workers compensation
- Ensure that Logistic Coordinators are working closely with RSOM regarding effective load planning and waste routing.
- Ensure that Coordinators effectively utilize the business systems that are provided to them to support their operations (Powersuite, Choice).
- Work with Compliance ensuring that truck-to-truck transfer operations meet Federal, State and Company regulatory requirements; Work with Truck to truck transfer coordinators and Central Logistics to ensure that all record keeping and reporting requirements for in transit operations are being met.
- Assist Technical Service District Manager and Lead CSR in ensuring that billing goals are being met; Works with central billing department to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the billing process.
- May meet with customers as needed to resolve customer issues/complaints while maintaining satisfactory customer relationships.
- Ensure that Coordinators manage the appearance and maintenance of all assigned equipment; Communicate asset needs to Technical Service General Manager.
- Actively participate in morning operations meetings and sales/operations meetings.
- Responsible for job level profitability on all T&D and CleanPack jobs within region
- Oversee CleanPack and T&D schedules to ensure that Coordinators are openly communicating and sharing resources and responsibilities where appropriate
- Manage Health and Safety and Compliance standards of performance
- Manage recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, and career pathing of Coordinators, Chemists and Drivers within region
- Participate in pricing and execution plans for CleanPack, Retail and T&D opportunities to ensure that revenue and profitability will be maximized.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Ability to travel as needed 15%+
- High School plus specialized training required
- BS/BA preferred
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- Previous CleanPack and or Logistics Coordinator experience.
- 7 or more years industry experience (strongly preferred).
- Understanding of income statements.
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations
- PC skills, including experience with Excel, (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
- Customer Service orientated.
- Working understanding of operations
- Speaking, listening, and acuity
- Sitting, standing, grasping, and reaching
- Walking, stooping, and crouching
- Lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying up to 10 lbs
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.