Identifies market trends, issues and competitive environment and forms strategic plans for product brand. Leads the effort to initiate new product strategies in the form of supporting existing brands and creating new products. Evaluates the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis and initiates strategies that meet regional and worldwide requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the marketing development effort to bring new products from concept through commercialization including market exit.
• Actively participates in assigned project teams. Acquires product information through market research and regional input to assure projects meet the needs of the intended markets.
• Works across multiple internal and external groups such as design, packaging and labeling, regulatory claims, surgical technique generation, advertising, sales force education, etc.
• Maintains high level of product category knowledge through staying current in published information, regional market contacts, surgeon interaction, and industry educational meetings.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to formulate strategic and creative marketing plans.
• Develops a firm understanding of financial trends and performance in specific brand lines.
• Prepares forecasts and identifies market shifts and threats.
• Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers. Translates technical language and discusses it internally in business terms.
• Assesses brand viability relative to existing products with new product offerings to enhance overall brand offering. Champions the brand through a comprehensive understanding of customer and end-user needs and product positioning relative to the competition.
• Builds and maintains long-term relationships with high level surgical consultants, key strategic customers and regional sales teams to promote and support the Zimmer Biomet brands.
Education Requirements – B.S. degree, preferably including formal studies in business, MBA or work on an MBA is preferred. 3-5 years product management experience or sales experience in healthcare.
Skill Requirements – Must be proficient with commonly used software.
Travel Requirements – 30% - 40%