Building Maintenance Engineer –HVAC & Mechanical
Healthcare Trust of America
Location: Northridge, CA
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Building Maintenance Engineer otherwise known as Facilities Maintenance is responsible for providing facilities & property maintenance to a local portfolio of Medical Office Buildings (MOB) in the Northridge, CA area. This position will primarily focus on the maintenance and repair of the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning systems for commercial medical office facilities. The position also involves the coordination, management and physical activity associated with the operation and maintenance of various building systems for commercial medical office facilities. Building engineer is expected to provide the skills, knowledge and capabilities necessary to oversee and perform these duties as necessary for the proper operation and management of such facilities.
This position reports daily and takes daily assignments from the property manager(s) for buildings which they are assigned thorough verbal and electronic communications. Works in collaboration with other Building Engineers and the Chief Building Engineer within that market to establish daily priorities, coordinate multiple assignments and establish plans and timelines for resolution of various task. The Building Engineer reports directly to the Regional Facilities & Construction Manager for overall performance and training.
The position requires the ability to work independently, take initiative, and show a desire to continually improve building systems and provide excellent customer service through tenant interactions.
- Oversee and perform maintenance and repairs of various HVAC equipment including: Chillers, Roof Top Package Units, Heat Pumps and Split Systems;
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of safety policies and procedures related to the daily operations of the facilities. Participation in safety, knowledge and skills training
- Provide input and regular communication the Property Manager, Chief Engineer and Regional Facilities & Construction Manager on repairs, projects, operational and capital expense budgeting.
- Assist in required daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual required building inspections, and institute required corrections and/or Preventative Maintenance systems and schedules as needed.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors as required to carry out the various responsibilities of such 3rd party services.
- Manage tenant request and preventative maintenance requirements through Angus Anywhere an on-line work order system including, respond and verify completion of all service calls.
- May perform other duties as assigned and as needed to assist in the management of responsibilities associated with commercial medical office facilities.
Following are the minimum experience requirements of this position:
- High school education or GED required.
- Licensed HVAC technician certification or comparable and equal years of service in the HVAC industry
- Universal Refrigerant Certification
- 3-5 years of service on Refrigerant based systems
- Valid driver’s license and must meet company safe motor vehicle operation criteria.
- 3-5 year experience in a service oriented position or environment
- Past experience working independently with little or no supervision required.
Other skill requirements:
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills required.
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50lbs.),
- Must be willing to assist at other properties within the portfolio from time to time as needed.
- A great part of candidate’s time may be in the field, thus verbal and written communication with other staff is imperative.
- Ability to comprehend and use technology to aid in the management of duties; Computers, Mobile Smart Phone, Energy Management Systems and diagnostic equipment