Provide on-site coordination for all phases of commercial construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that project drawings and specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify and manage subcontractor quality of work, schedules, safety, and environmental standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the Division Leader for resolution.
- Maintain and submit daily electronic reports of activities on the jobsite
- Maintain and document photos of the project on a daily/weekly basis
- Maintain and submit updated construction schedules to the Division Leader
- Walk the jobsite daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Conduct daily subcontractor job safety analysis (JSA) meetings designed to identify safety hazards
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch lists
- Travel out of town to perform Superintendent duties as required for the project
- Create all reports and maintain digital scheduling via company provided software
- Communicate as required via email by company provided device(s) as required for the project.
- Comprehend and communicate all drawings (Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing) to associated subcontractors
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Maintain and submit weekly expense reports for approval.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Communicate all change orders and communications with the customer to the Division Leader